Doctoral School Research Poster Competition
The annual Research Poster Competition is organised by the Doctoral School to encourage UCL graduate research students to communicate their research to others and prepare them for presenting their work at conferences.
After the well-received change in format last year, the competition allows students to enter their poster in (cross)disciplinary research categories. The aim is to encourage us to think more broadly about how our research fits in the wider world or how our research might innovatively impact on other research areas.
THEME 1: Understanding and transforming human societies
- · Social sciences
- · Collaborative social science including interaction between the social sciences and the natural and applied sciences, and the humanities
THEME 2: Advances in technology
- · eResearch
- · Theoretical and applied research using computational and data sciences
- · Digital technologies
- · AI
- · Mathematical sciences
THEME 3: Making our world
- · Human-made environments (including Art, Architecture, Design, Manufacturing)
- · Physical sciences (including engineering sciences)
THEME 4: Discovering worlds, improving ours
- · Environment (including energy and sustainability)
- · Space (including astrophysics, public policy related to space exploration, etc.)
THEME 5: Understanding the mind and behaviour
- · Neuroscience (including neurology, psychiatry, mental health/wellbeing, psychology)
THEME 6: Frontiers in health and medicine
- · Personalised Medicine (including patient-targeted medicines, therapies)
- · Population health and health of the public
- · Cancer Studies
THEME 7: Unlocking the secrets of life
- · Life sciences and other basic sciences
- · Microbiology
Overall 175 students finally participated in the competition. Just like last year Theme 6 was the most popular – 58 entrants chose it. Number of entries in other themes: Theme 1 /15, Theme 2 /24, Theme 3 /16, Theme 4 /12, Theme 5 /26, Theme 7 /24.
Many congratulations to our winners and many thanks to all the students who entered!