This opportunity has been specifically designed to enable UCL doctoral students to experience working in a different academic setting at another world-leading research intensive university and to gather skills that will enhance their current work as well as future personal and professional plans. As ambassadors for UCL, Exchange participants will be expected to make the most of their time at Yale by engaging as fully as possible with Yale's research community. It is hoped that the experience will allow UCL's doctoral students to forge future links between the two institutions and within their research areas.
Exchanges will normally be for a period of three months, but other periods specifically agreed to by student and proposed Supervisor may be considered. Doctoral students from any research area are eligible to apply for the Exchange.
If you would like to apply for the opportunity to visit Yale on an Exchange you should:
- Discuss the opportunity with your UCL Supervisor and identify a suitable Supervisor at Yale who is willing to supervise you for the period of the Exchange.
- Plan the dates of your visit carefully and ensure that you apply to be put forward for the Exchange at least four months in advance, and by the relevant deadline (see Guidelines below).
- Consider whether you/your funding body are in a position to fund your costs, or whether you will in addition be applying for a Yale UCL Bursary.
- Monday 2 October 2017 (earliest exchange start date: January 2018)
- Monday 15 January 2018 (earliest exchange start date: April 2018)
- Monday 16 April 2018 (earliest exchange start date: July 2018)
Download Full Guidelines and the Application Form
All queries should be directed to the Doctoral School on ext. 21422 or email email@example.com.
I am extremely grateful for the help of UCL in making the most of an opportunity to study at Yale for a term and I can not recommend it highly enough to anybody else who might be interested. Everybody at Yale was very friendly and helpful and they provided the perfect environment for me to do some excellent work.
My exchange at Yale University was a great experience I would not want to miss. I gained new knowledge, was able to be a part of another academic environment, meet new people and get new ideas for my project and my future career. I am very thankful that I have been given this opportunity.
My exchange at Yale was a great experience. I am most happy with the opportunity to have taken part in such a fruitful collaboration. I felt very welcome at Yale from the start and was encouraged to take an active part in the activities of my department. I would highly recommend to anyone interested to take a part on this exchange. I believe we benefit substantially from working for a time in another academic environment, especially one as stimulating as Yale University.
I am extremely grateful for the opportunity provided by the Yale-UCL Collaborative Student Exchange Programme.