Student Conference Fund
The Student Conference Fund exists to offer financial support to graduate research students presenting their research at international conferences.
IMPORTANT: Please note that no more Minor Awards can be made for conferences in this financial year (1 August to 31 July) to students in the following faculties:
- Brain Sciences
- Built Environment
- Engineering Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Population Health Sciences
In order to apply to this Fund you must be:
- A graduate student registered for an MPhil/PhD or other research degree at UCL. Graduate students not registered for research degrees are not eligible to apply to this fund.
- Students with Completing Research Student status are eligible to apply to this Fund provided that they have not already received two awards.
- Presenting a paper or poster, or taking some formal part in the proceedings.
If you are requesting funding for a research project or trip, please apply to the Graduate School's Research Projects Fund.
There are two categories of award: Major (requests for OVER £250) and Minor (requests for £250 OR LESS). The rules for submitting each type of application are different so please make sure the appropriate instructions are followed. Please note:
- The deadlines for submitting Major Award applications to the Graduate School in 2012/13 are Friday 26 October 2012 and Friday 26 April 2013.
- Applications for Minor Awards do not have a deadline but are considered on an ad hoc basis (funds permitting). In view of the heavy demands made on these funds, it is anticipated that Minor Awards will not be available from approx. late April until the start of the next financial year on 1st August.
All queries should be directed to the Graduate School on ext. 37840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form (MS Word)