Research Projects Fund
(for Research Students and Staff)
IMPORTANT: Please note that no more Minor Awards can be made in this financial year (1 August to 31 July) to students in the following faculties:
- Arts & Humanities
- Brain Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Population Health Sciences
- Social & Historical Sciences
The Research Projects Fund aims to help graduate research students and research staff to meet unforeseen but necessary research expenses.
If you are requesting funding to present at a conference, please apply to the Graduate School's Student Conference Fund or Staff Conference Fund.
- Graduate students registered for MPhil/PhD or other research degrees at UCL;
- Academic Staff members (not Honorary, Associate or Teaching Staff) who have been in continuous employment with UCL for at least six months at the time of the research project, occupying one of the following early career posts: Probationary Lecturer, Research Fellow, Research Assistant.
Graduate students not registered for research degrees are not eligible to apply to this fund.
There are two categories of award: Major (requests for OVER £250) and Minor (requests for £250 OR LESS). The rules for submitting each type of application are different so please make sure the appropriate instructions are followed. Please note:
- The deadlines for submitting Major Award applications to the Graduate School in 2012/13 are Friday 26 October 2012 and Friday 26 April 2013.
- Applications for Minor Awards do not have a deadline but are considered on an ad hoc basis (funds permitting). In view of the heavy demands made on these funds, it is anticipated that Minor Awards may not be available from approx. late April until the start of the next financial year on 1st August.
All queries should be directed to the Graduate School on ext. 37840 or email email@example.com
Application form (MS Word)